Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Salmon

Haven't posted in a while. Sorry about that. Things have been... they've been crazy. I'm in the process of trying to sort out what the Unseelie Accords even mean. The Accords, if you don't know, are the defacto law of the supernatural community. Vampires, witches, goblins, dragons, all of them bow to these rules, which largely consist of how to not go to war with each other. All very messy stuff.

Lately, though, I've been having urges. As my progenesis moves on, I find myself thinking more and more about my own past. My coven, as I have written before, is gone. I have no elders to seek knowledge from, and the oral history I remember from my youth is fragmented. I met the leader of another coven, but she turned out to be oafish and, I fear, not terribly bright. A ruler of magickal might, but no mental clout to back it up.

So, I've been looking back to the old world and the dark continent. My kind come from there, I have been told. Ancient stories of the deep jungles and lost cities. I think about them often. I dream of them.
And I wonder, if there are gods that preside over humankind, are the gods of my coven still out there, waiting in those dark places?

If I am to make another, knit the flesh and sing the making, I want to do it where it began. I want to look up and see if anyone is looking down.

They probably aren't.

The progenesis is a strange process. I've never felt more removed from humans. When I was young I did not feel removed, because they were not there. When I entered humans I felt distant, but was part of something better. In times of crisis I would sometimes feel my monstrous nature rising, I would grow distant, but always I fought it. It was a surging, violent thing.

Now, I am growing distant again, but unlike before. It's no longer surging, but pervasive, quiet... and its not something unnatural and abhorrent. It's in me. It is me.

Maybe it's just instinct, but I think it's time to head upstream.

No comments:

Post a Comment